Monday 23 April 2012

Trailer - Day 20 of A - Z

For today's letter T I've dipped back into my favourite past time of watching CGI game trailers. Yes, I know I'm getting predictable, but this is one very fresh on the scene and seems to combine the elements of dark fantasy, a touch of Assassin's Creed, Steampunk and hints of Half-Life 2 & 3.

It's short and oh, so very sweet. I was blown away by how realistic the flesh tones, and especially the eyes of the guy in the opening sequence are. I should imagine Hollywood actors are starting to get nervous with the advances in CGI animation. Personally, I'll be only too happy if the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise and Owen Wilson, to name but a few, are replaced by CGI created characters - the actors I've mentioned are great at playing themselves, and to my mind bring nothing fresh or exciting to a film. Let them do the voice acting would be fine with me. But imagine how fresh films could be with CGI created actors, each with a fresh new look that 100% fits a character brief?

I hope it happens. Not for film entirely, and certainly not for television, I'm not saying sack all actors, but just stop giving the parts to the same bloody faces time and time again. Anyway, here is the trailer. Enjoy :)

9 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

You had me at steampunk. Also, that was awesome! (=

Rhonda Parrish said...

You're right, his eyes do look fantastic. Shame about his hands and feet LOL

I'm interested in this game but it might be a little too Assassin's Creed-y for me (I never really got into it). Have you heard of The Banner Saga? That's a game I can't wait to see :)

~ Rhonda Parrish

Mark K said...

Elise,

Flip back through some previous posts and find my Assassin's Creed post - that is amazing animation and Woodkid's song, 'Iron' just gives me goosebumps every time :)

Seems steampunk is on the rise - is it a genre you like to write in also?

Mark K said...

Yes, the skin on the feet looked a tad plastic, but I'm not sure if they were going for a wet skin look as with the hands. But those eyes - the best I've seen to date.

Wayne Assiratti said...

Looks good. This coming out on the 360?

Mark K said...

No clue, sorry buddy.

Elizabeth Twist said...

So...so pretty. I would watch that if it were a movie. I'll wait to read game reviews, though. I'm picky about gameplay. (Basically, I like to blow sh*t up and collect treasure. There are some exceptions to that rule, but the game has to be astounding.)

A-Z @ Elizabeth Twist

Mark K said...

I invite you to play Guild Wars 2. I will even leave a place open for you in my guild ;)

Elise Fallson said...

Thanks, I'll look back and check out your Assassin's Creed posts when the A-Z challenge craziness passes. And I do like steampunk and steampunk fashion but have not tried writing in that genre yet. But who knows, maybe someday. (: