Monday 9 April 2012

Harold Budd & Brian Eno - Day 8 of A-Z

Ok, I realise that technically I should be using the artist's surname and not his first name. But it's my blog and I'll do whatever I like, so ner-ner! :P

This is by means on an apology to those folks who read my ' G ' post and were maybe none too comfortable with it. So allow me to present to you a piece of music I often chill out/relax/meditate to. It is from the album, 'The Plateaux of Mirror' and the track is entitled: First Light.





A co-produced album by Harold Budd and Brian Eno of ambient music to sooth the soul and the mind. Not their first co-operative effort, this pairing have produced - their first being that of 'The Pavillion of Dreams'.

Allow me to suggest a visit to Last FM for more information and music by these artists ( I urge you to use that link to listen to more amazing music by these brilliant musicians).

Some of you might remember Brian Eno as the keyboard/synthesizer player from the 70s band Roxy Music

6 comments:

Sarah Tokeley said...

That was really lovely. Just the sort of thing I like to listen to when I want to feel the music, and not have it intrude.

Mark K said...

Their music is interesting, to say the least, but the album First Light is taken from is a particular favourite of mine.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's posting as I'll be sharing two songs from a 'different' ensemble, whose album is a regular in my car :)
Glad you enjoyed the music, Sarah.

Unknown said...

You got mee too Mark, I love this kind of music. (We seemed to have spooked people out with our Ghost posts, didn't we?) LOL.

Mark K said...

Well, I think it proves one thing: fact can be better than fiction :)

By fact, I'm not saying the things that happened to me are 100% real, but as far as I am concerned, they did happen to me, I did experience those things, and told them as I recall them. Outside of that, make of them what you will ;)

Hannah said...

Love it, I'm still indebted to you for introducing me to this album all those years ago. <3

Mark K said...

Send your cash or cheques to... ;)
Hey, you've introduced me to some amazing stuff also - swings and roundabouts :)